Saturday, November 13, 2010

Be who you are

"Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake. 6 And you also are among those Gentiles who are called to belong to Jesus Christ." Romans 1:5-6 (NIV)The Message says vs 6 like this, "You are who you are through this gift and call of Jesus Christ!"Do you believe this passage? Do you believe that you are called to be who you are? God created you to be you; He created you as His child; a beautiful creation all to Worship Him. Know this and proclaim this in your life. Speak it out loud and write it on your heart. Don't listen to the world that tell you that you are no one. That you don't have what it takes. Ignore the jeers and ridicule around you and fix your eyes on Jesus Christ. The one who created you and loves you. Its His Gift to you!I remember when I was young; full of feelings that troubled me, feeling of not liking who I was. I didn't understand why I wasn't like the other boys in my class. I struggled with how I saw myself and didn't like what I saw. But the truth was that I wasn't much different than the other boys, what I wanted was to be like them.The problem was that I didn't believe in Who God Created me to be. It has taken quite sometime to embrace and understand who I am in Christ. One who is loved, the child of the King, precious in His sight, created to Worship God and love those who He loves.Listen to God. He is speaking to you. He is saying, "You are who you are through this gift and call of Jesus Christ!"

No comments: